A Nutritionist's Breakdown of Busy Gal
As women, we tend to not eat enough throughout our day anyway, even without skipping any meals. Adequate food intake is important for optimal nutrient intake and maintaining optimal health and well being. Under-eating occurs when you consistently consume fewer calories than your body requires, which can over time lead to potential nutrient deficiencies, hormone imbalances, anxiety and can leave you feeling tired. Under-eating can also negatively affect your training and strength goals.
Signs you may not be eating enough
- Persistent fatigue
- Worsened performance in the gym or poor recovery
- Irregular or absent menstrual cycles
- Hair loss and brittle nails
- Poor concentration and cognitive function
- Unintentional weight loss or difficulty gaining weight/muscle
Don’t worry, we get it - some days you are just so busy you don’t have the time to prepare a macro balanced meal. That's where we come in with our new Busy Gal: the all-in-one shake for gals on the go. For those days when your to-do list is a metre long, you want to go to pilates but also get to work on time, or maybe just slept in! Whatever the reason is, if you don’t have time to make a nutritious meal, but still want to prioritise your health and wellbeing - our Busy Gal Shake offers you a quick, easy & nutritious alternative.
Busy Gal is equal to a macro balanced meal as it contains all three macronutrients: protein, carbohydrates and fats. We all know how important protein is, and Busy Gal contains 25g of quality pea and faba bean protein. For carbohydrates and fibre, Busy Gal contains chia seed flour which is rich in dietary fibre to support digestive health and keep you satisfied and fuller for longer. To provide a source of healthy fats and to support healthy energy production, Busy Gal also contains coconut milk powder. Busy Gal also contains a probiotic (“good” bacteria) called Bacillus Coagulans which helps support the health and diversity of the gut microbiome.
The Nutritional Information Panel Explained
To cover the extra nutritional needs of a meal, Busy Gal also has you covered with added vitamins and minerals. In the nutritional information panel, you will notice values against each nutrient with a percentage. The Recommended Dietary Intake (RDI) of a specific nutrient is the amount that is estimated to meet the nutrient needs for 97-98% of individuals in a specific life stage or gender category.
Busy Gal has been formulated with the RDI for women in mind. We understand that busy days can make it challenging to meet your nutritional needs, and that's why Busy Gal is here to support you. Let's explore how Busy Gal can provide you with essential nutrients on those hectic days with the following nutrient levels:
- 83% of the RDI for folate - which is so important as folate deficiency is one of the most common deficiencies in Australia. If you don’t have enough folate, you won’t be able to make enough healthy red blood cells, which can leave you feeling tired and weak.
- 40% of your recommended daily intake (RDI) of iron, which is over ⅓ of your daily needs for this important nutrient. Did you know women are more likely to have an inadequate daily intake of iron than men?
- 40% of the RDI for Vitamin A, which is important for a healthy immune system and healthy eyes - and can be hard to get enough of if you’re lacking a varied diet.
- 40% of the RDI for Zinc which is vital for health and wellbeing.
- 25% of your daily needs for magnesium (read here as to why this is important).
- 25% of the RDI phosphorous and calcium for healthy bones and muscles.
And in case you're a little low on other important nutrients (Iodine, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, C, D, E, B6, K) Busy Gal contains 50% of the RDI for these nutrients. So although you won’t be having a meal consisting of whole foods - for the times when you’re busy or running a little late, Busy Gal can cover your nutritional needs on the days when you need it the most.
Why is the Busy Gal all-in-one shake different?
Busy Gal runs true to all of Naked Harvest's brand values by using natural ingredients and containing no unnecessary added ingredients or artificial sweeteners. Many traditional meal replacements tend to compromise nutritional value and quality whilst trying to hit macronutrient profiles.
Additionally, Busy Gal is not designed to be a weight loss aid, but rather a wellness tool. The all-in-one shake is not designed for daily use, unlike typical meal replacement or weight loss shakes, but rather for those times on-the-go when having a shake is better than skipping a meal altogether.