An Aussie classic…the Lamington. Our NH gal @clean_treats has re-created this classic Aussie dessert to satisfy your sweet cravings #NHgang. A light and fluffy sponge that's covered in chocolate and coconut, finished with jam & cream. Just delicious! Plus, it features our Vanilla Pancake Batter THRIVE Plant Protein.
Here's what you'll need:Vanilla Cake:
- 30g NH Vanilla Pancake Batter THRIVE plant protein
- 90g self raising flour (can use GF)
- 1/4 cup Natvia (70g)
- 1 egg
- 30g nuttelex, melted
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 50g greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar free powdered icing sugar
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tsp nuttalex (5g)
- 2 tbs boiling water
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Strawberry jam (recipe for homemade jam in my highlights)
- Coconut yoghurt or cream
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a cake tin.
- In a bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Sift in the dry ingredients and fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow the cake to cool completely then slice into 6 rectangles.
- Mix chocolate icing ingredients together in a bowl until smooth (it should be thick enough for coconut to stick but thin enough to roll the cake in, not too watery)
- Coat each lamington in chocolate sauce then roll in coconut.
Macros per lamington (not including jam/cream): 159 calories, 4.7g P, 14.9g C, 7.9g F
THRIVE is packed FULL of nutrients, vitamins and minerals & functional ingredients to promote a thriving body. We have formulated the perfect plant-based protein (pea and rice) with Magnesium, Organic Maca, Siberian Ginseng, Digestive Enzymes, Psyllium Husk and more to provide you with increased energy, mental performance, immune protection and extra tummy love.
Shop our THRIVE range today!