If these homemade protein bars don’t inspire you to head to the kitchen, we don’t know what will 🤎 Our NH girl @geneschesser has whipped the ultimate Vegan & GF Snickers Bar 😋 A protein bar that tastes unhealthy & will leave your body THRIVING? This is a match made in heaven 👼🏼 Containing our Vanilla Pancake Batter THRIVE Plant Protein, your new GO-TO sweet treat is jam packed with superfoods, minerals and functional ingredients 🙌🏼
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:Base layer:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 10 large Medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp NH Vanilla Pancake Batter THRIVE Plant Protein
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil: Melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Prepare the base layer: Combine rolled oats, medjool dates, protein powder, vanilla essence, and almond butter in a food processor. Process until a sticky dough forms. You should be able to pinch the dough together with your hands. If your dates are quite dry, you may need to add 1 tbsp melted coconut oil for extra moisture. This will help you achieve a sticky dough. Alternatively, you can simply add extra dates.
- Line a loaf pan or a small rectangular dish with baking paper. Firmly press the nougat into the base of the pan.
- Prepare the caramel layer: Add almond butter, peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence into a bowl. Mix until a runny caramel-like consistency is formed.
- Spread the caramel over the base. Gently press roasted peanuts over the caramel layer. Store in the freezer for at least 1 hour to set. After, lift the parchment paper out of the pan and slice the snickers block into 8 bars.
- Melt the chocolate: Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until almost all of the chocolate chips are melted. (This should only require 2-3 intervals. Do not burn the chocolate).
- Gently dip each snickers bar into the melted chocolate. Be sure to evenly coat all four sides. Place onto parchment paper. Store in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. Enjoy! (I added extra crushed peanuts to the top).
TIP: Keep the snickers bars stored in the refrigerator or frozen.
THRIVE is packed FULL of nutrients, vitamins and minerals & functional ingredients to promote a THRIVING body. We have formulated the perfect plant-based protein (pea and rice) with Magnesium, Organic Maca, Siberian Ginseng, Digestive Enzymes, Psyllium Husk and more to provide you with increased energy, mental performance, immune protection and extra tummy love.
Shop our THRIVE Plant Protein now!