Traditional chop chip cookie chunks... with 5.6g protein per cookie!? This macro friendly healthy cookie recipe by @alexsfitlife_ is the perfect treat to get you through the current social distancing and isolation challenges. Look on the bright side NH gang, we have so much more time on our hands to bake delicious NH inspired treats like this recipe!
This recipe is inspired by our THRIVE plant protein range.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 2/3 cup (77g) oat flour (we make ours out of rolled oats)
- 3/4 cup (90g) Naked Harvest Thrive Plant Protein in Vanilla
- 1/4 cup (40g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-5 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (you can sub this for any plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40g Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate cut into small pieces (or 1/3 cup choc chips of your choosing)
Here's How To Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to your bowl and combine.
- Add your wet ingredients and combine, the mixture should be quite thick. Start with 3 tbsp of milk and add more if necessary. I needed 5.
- Fold in your chocolate, the dough should come together to form a large ball.
- Take approx 1 tbsp size balls out of the dough and roll them. Place on the tray, you should have 12 balls.
- Using a fork or your hand press the cookies down, not too much as the cookies will not rise or spread, you want them to still have thickness.
- Place in the oven and keep a close eye on them, they will cook quickly. They will be ready within 6-7mins. You want them slightly brown on top but not burnt on the bottom.
- When you take them out, carefully check the bottom, if they are quite dark, transfer to a cooling rack right away and allow the cookies to cool completely before consuming them. If they are still light on the bottom, you can leave them to cool on the tray for 5-10mins and then transfer to the rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temp or in the fridge if you live in a hot climate.
THRIVE is packed FULL of nutrients, vitamins and minerals & functional ingredients to promote a thriving body. We have formulated the perfect plant based protein (pea and rice) with Magnesium, Organic Maca, Siberian Ginseng, Digestive Enzymes, Psyllium Husk and more to provide you with increased energy, mental performance, immune protection and extra tummy love.
Shop our THRIVE range today!