Protein Hot Cross Buns
Do you struggle to fuel your body with functional superfoods, minerals and ingredients to promote a THRIVING & healthy body? 🍃 Our THRIVE Plant Protein range is a kitchen must-have 👩🏼🍳🍴
We’re HOPPING into our blog with these EGGS-CELENT Protein Hot Cross Buns 💛 Our NH girl @clean_treats has hit the nail with this recipe👩🏼🍳 Featuring our Vanilla Pancake Batter THRIVE Plant Protein, these hot cross buns will help you get your protein intake this Easter 🙌🏼
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 175ml almond milk, lukewarm
- 30g buttery nuttelex, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp instant yeast (approve ½ sachet)
- 250g plain flour (GF if needed)
- 35g NH Vanilla Pancake Batter THRIVE Plant Protein
- 46g Natvia or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp allspice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 60g sultanas, raisins or choc chips
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Stir sugar into warm milk, then sprinkle over yeast. Sit for 30 seconds then stir. Set aside for 10 mins to proof. Bubbles will appear when yeast has activated.
- Whisk butter and egg together in a bowl, then mix in yeast/milk. Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir.
- Fold in mix-ins. Place dough on a lightly floured benched and knead for 10 mins until smooth (mixture shouldn’t be sticky, add flour).
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place to proof for 1hr.
- Portion dough into 9-12 pieces, roll into balls and place onto lined baking tin close together. Set aside for 30-45 mins.
- Preheat oven to 200*C. Mix ‘crosses’ ingredients together in a bowl until thick paste forms & pipe over buns,
- Place buns in the oven for 15 mins.
- Whilst baking, heat the maple syrup in a saucepan or microwave until it reduces. Brush glaze over cooked buns & ENJOY.
THRIVE packed FULL of nutrients, vitamins and minerals & functional ingredients to promote a THRIVING body. We have formulated the perfect plant-based protein (pea and rice) with Magnesium, Organic Maca, Siberian Ginseng, Digestive Enzymes, Psyllium Husk and more to provide you with increased energy, mental performance, immune protection and extra tummy love.
Shop our THRIVE Plant Protein now!