Healthier Twix Bites
These bite sized Twix are an irresistible protein-packed dessert snack! They have a delicious crunchy cookie base with a gooey caramel centre, and are topped with a thin layer of chocolate. Made with our NH Caramel Filled Donut THRIVE Plant Protein for mouth-watering flavour! Plus, they're gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free & vegetarian. Check out the recipe by NH girl @rawbeccabites_ below.
Here's what you'll need
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp NH Caramel Filled Donut THRIVE Plant Protein
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
Here's how to make it
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a small mixing bowl combine almond flour, 1/4 cup protein, 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- Mix until a dough forms.
- Spoon a teaspoon of mixture into a mini muffin tin and press to flatten.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Prepare caramel layer by combining 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup maple, 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1 tbsp protein.
- Mix until smooth.
- Once cookie bases are cooled pour caramel mixture on top and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate and pour on top of caramel.
- Return to freezer for 1 hour.
THRIVE Plant Protein is vegan, all-natural, gluten-free and contains no hidden nasties or artificial ingredients. To make things even better, we've formulated our protein supplement with added superfoods, minerals and functional ingredients to promote a thriving, healthy body from the inside out!